HOW TO ENTER
1. Once entries open please email The Cavern reservations team at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability and reserve your space. Please note spaces are strictly limited.
2. Receive your sponsorship form and booking reservation. A set number of entrants will receive two nights complimentary accommodation during the Big5Hike at The Cavern. This also includes all food, the event and event goodies.
3. Pay your deposit of 50% of the sponsorship requirement and email your confirmation of payment along with your jacket and T-shirt size to The Cavern – email@example.com.
Please note the balance of your contribution/ fundraising is due at registration at the latest.
Payment details are below.
Payments via EFT require a reference. Please use NAME/BIG5HIKE to this purpose.
International donors are encouraged to use the secure credit card portal as bank charges on EFT payments are high and negate the benefit of the donation.
4. Once your deposit has been received you will receive an email with your final booking confirmation.
Bank Payments (EFT)
To: The Royal Drakensberg Primary School Society
First National Bank Bergville
Branch code: 220625
Account number: 62125355893
PLEASE USE YOUR NAME/BIG52015 AS REFERENCE
- Entrants must be healthy and physically able to complete the Big5Hike.
- A deposit of 50% must be paid upfront to secure your place with the balance payable on or before registration for the Big5Hike.
- Your donation must please be made as one payment. i.e. You are responsible for collecting funds from your individual sponsors before making a final payment to The Royal Drakensberg Primary School. You will be required to pay the full balance at registration.
ABOUT THE CAVERN RESORT AND SPA
The Cavern Resort was founded by Ruth and Bill Carte in 1941 and is currently run by Megan, her husband Hilton and her sister Lesley. They are the third generation of Carte’s to take over the helm and are passionate not only about the resort but also about uplifting and improving the education and livelihood of the Amazizi community. It is a beautiful family style resort situated beneath the massive sandstone cliffs at the foot of the Drakensberg and one of the few resorts where you can step out of your room and be 2,000m above sea level on one of the highest peaks within 2hrs. Set within the old gum trees against a backdrop of the Drakensburg and surrounded by lush gardens, a swimming pool and a lawn from which you can see the valley below and the peaks in the distance, it is a truly magical place. Daily walks are offered and children are kept busy with horse rides, tennis, games and countless daily activities. Adults are able to rejuvenate in the Forest Spa or try their hand at bowls after tea and before an aperitif in “The Cave Bar” where often a fire roars. Most guests are return customers many of whom first came as little ones with their parents and now come back year after year with their own kids and those same grandparents to walk to hills, nourish the soul and restore the body.